All members are asked to be aware of the Geekoterre Trailblazer Club Rules. Breaking them will cause disappointment on all counts.
At Geekoterre we have a strong commitment to maintain a safe and happy web site for middle readers (9-12 year olds) and the young in heart to enjoy.
The rules for the Trailblazers are:
- Members have the right to comment on each other’s work, however, only in polite terms.
- All posts, or comments are approved by a human facilitator before publication.
- No bullying will be tolerated.
- No rude behaviour or swearing, factual or implied, will be tolerated.
- No discussions on sex, drugs, religion, racism, or alcohol will be published.
- No third party programmes will be permitted.
- No member information will be given, sold, or revealed to a third party.
- There will be no sharing of names, addresses or phone numbers.
- The decision of the administrators of the Geekoterre Trailblazer Club is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning any decision made by the senior staff of Geekoterre.
Code of Conduct
By using any Geekoterre site/s you agree that we will not publish any Submission that is:
- Defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, or an invasion of a right or privacy of another person.
- Bigoted, hateful, racially or otherwise offensive.
- Violent, obscene, vulgar, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit.
- Harmful or can be reasonably expected to harm any person or entity.
- Illegal, encourages or advocates illegal activity, or the discussion of illegal activities, with the intent to commit them, including any submission that is, or represents an attempt to engage in child pornography, stalking, bullying, harassment, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing and or drug abuse, theft or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity.
- Likely to infringe or violate any right of a third party, including, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or any other proprietary or contractual rights.
- Likely to infringe or violate the right of information of any kind without their express permission, publicity or any confidentiality obligation.
- Commercial, business-related, advertises or offers to sell any products, services or otherwise (for profit or non-profit), or solicits others (including solicitations for contributions or donations).
- Material containing a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tampers with, impairs or damages any Geekoterre site/s, or connected network, or otherwise interferes with any person, or entity, or enjoyment for the user of any Geekoterre site/s, or does not generally conform to the designated topic of theme of the relevant Public Forum.
- In violation of any specific restrictions applicable to a Public Forum, or is antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including ‘flaming’, ‘spamming’, ‘flooding’, ‘trolling’, ‘pisching’, or ‘griefing’, or any other terms used on the Internet to cause disruption or misconceptions.
The above Code of Conduct applies to all Geekoterre site/s.
Any Geekoterre Trailblazer breaking the Rules and Code of Conduct may have their account suspended, either temporarily or permanently. Such action will be clearly communicated to the offender/s.
If you have any queries, use the form on our Contact Us page.
Let us travel together through Geekoterre, Cyber Space and Enjoy.